It is now September 1st.

 As of this moment, it is 2:59 AM, Eastern Standard Time. Technically speaking, I did not finish this challenge.

My excuse? I don't really have one to be honest. Well, not like a good one. I've had a lot going on between moving, battling some personal issues and moving back into college and it's really hard for me to write every day. Sometimes I need a day to think about what I want to write. It's really frustrating how indecisive I can be with my writing and how easily sidetracked I can get. So technically, as of August 31st I did not complete 31 plays - I only submitted and finished 24 and submitted them. But on the positive side, my blog was featured on Rachel's list and I fucking wrote 24 plays this summer. So that's something isn't it?

To anyone from the 31 plays/31 days website - are there plans to make a book out of all the plays we've submitted like Susan Lori Park's  365 Plays/365 Days? I assumed that was the point of submitting, but I haven't read that anywhere, so...

Anyway to wrap this up, this was a fantastic exercise for my brain and it made me finally write some plays that I'd always had ideas for but never wrote them. By the time the deadline passed, I was actually so close to finishing the last seven plays I had to write (yes, I was literally writing three or four at once at one time) that I'm gonna post them all here anyway.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Sean

Comments

Popular Posts