#9: NEED $60 BUCKS FOR A BUS RIDE TO COLUMBIA SC (I HAVE SOMEONE YOU CAN CALL TO VERIFY THIS)

#9: NEED $60 BUCKS FOR A BUS RIDE TO COLUMBIA SC (I HAVE SOMEONE YOU CAN CALL TO VERIFY THIS)

The streets. This should be performed on the streets, on the corner on W14 right by the Staples on the corner across the Bank Of America.

Poor Man, 25 or younger, holds a sign that says “NEED $30 BUCKS FOR A BUS RIDE TO COLUMBIA SC (I HAVE SOMEONE YOU CAN CALL TO VERIFY THIS)” on a cardboard pizza box. He has an adorable dog on a leash.

A Rich Man walks by. Does a double take.

RICH MAN: Adorable dog, there!
POOR MAN: Thank you.
RICH MAN: I’d pet him but he looks dirty.
POOR MAN: He’s cute, though.
RICH MAN: Yeah.
POOR MAN: Hey man do you think you can help me out?
RICH MAN: Oh I.
POOR MAN: You look like maybe you could.
RICH MAN: Well.
POOR MAN: You’re wearing a really nice suit. I wish I had a suit like that.
RICH MAN: I’m sure you will. (beat) So you have a number to verify?
POOR MAN: Yeah, I do. It’s my friend. I’m gonna stay with him for a little bit.
RICH MAN: Why are you on the streets right now?
POOR MAN: I ran out of money.
RICH MAN: You’re not from here.
POOR MAN: No.
RICH MAN: Where are you from?
POOR MAN: Look man can you just like give me some money, man? Do you wanna make a call to this number?
RICH MAN: Well everything in this life is a trade off, you know.
POOR MAN: Ok. What do you want? You want me to blow you man? I’ll blow you. It wouldn’t be the first time.
RICH MAN: (laughing) Oh, no! No preposterous. No. Um. I’d like that dog.
POOR MAN: My dog?
RICH MAN: Yeah.
POOR MAN: Aw, no man. I can’t. I’m sorry.
RICH MAN: My wife really wants one.
POOR MAN: I’m sorry he’s been with me through all my travels. I love him man. I always take care of him before myself always.
RICH MAN: My wife really wants one and she just had a miscarriage and.
POOR MAN: I’m sorry man.
RICH MAN: She won’t get home until later and I honestly don’t want to spend a lot of money on a dog. I know she wants me to but I really just don’t. I want to save my money. I’m going to leave her anyway.
POOR MAN: Aw man.
RICH MAN: Not now, in a few months.
POOR MAN: I’m sorry.
RICH MAN: I’m just not in love with her anymore.
POOR MAN: I’m sorry.
RICH MAN: But this dog will make her happy.
POOR MAN: No--I…
RICH MAN: What if I gave you $100?
POOR MAN: $100 dollars?
RICH MAN: $100 dollars.
POOR MAN: I don’t know. I’m sorry no deal man. No deal. No deal. No deal.
RICH MAN: What if I could get her back?
POOR MAN: How would you do that?
RICH MAN: After a few months I’ll just...I’ll give her back.
POOR MAN: I don’t trust you man. No.

Rich Man kicks Poor Man in the face.

RICH MAN: I’m taking your fucking dog, loser. Here’s $60.

He throws $60 at him.

He kicks him while he’s down, again. And again.

Rich Man takes the dog.

End of play.

Comments

Popular Posts