#5: FURRTOPIA (SCENE 4)

Scene Four


Lights rise at the art vendor room. We hear murmurs of people walking and talking. STEPHANIE is at a folding table with a laminated placard that reads "#33". She has a bunch of different drawings. Her My Little Pony fan art is on display. Enter LUIS. He takes notice of her art.


LUIS: Omg is this MLP art?!
STEPHANIE: Yeah! Well. That's some of the stuff I do.
LUIS: I LOVE MLP.
STEPHANIE: Same! Well. Obviously. Pinkie Pie 4 life!!
LUIS: To tell you truth I really wanted to dress up as Baby Moondancer from Gen 1 but all I could get was this just general unicorn costume from Target so now my Fursona is BluniCorn Dancer--a blue unicorn who loves to dance which is different but still very much me. But I'm totally obsessed with Moondancer.
STEPHANIE: Moondancer--from My Little Pony and Friends? From the 80's?
LUIS: Yeah! I am really super into Gen 1, as like, weird as that sounds.
STEPHANIE: It's not weird at all! I mean, I'm more of a fan of Friendship is Magic, which is like, Gen 4, but Gen 1 is still good. I totally get what you mean about Moondancer and Baby Moondancer. I actually have a drawing of them together.


She looks through her drawings in her binder.


LUIS: It's not that I'm not into Gen 4 and Friendship is Magic. I just think there's something really charming about the 2-D Design of MLP and Friends.
STEPHANIE: Yeah but sometimes you gotta admit it's super cheesy.
LUIS: What's your favorite episode from MLPF?
STEPHANIE: Gosh. It's been a while. I can't speak for an episode but Rescue From Midnight Castle from 1984 was great.
LUIS: Some of it was so scary. It's actually kinda freaky for a kid's program.
STEPHANIE: I know!! Like when Tirek/
LUIS: Tirek! Yeah Tirek was literally Satan as a centaur! So scary!
STEPHANIE: And when he sent Scorpan, that like, bat-winged, alligator-faced monkey man who captures and enslave the ponies so they can pull his Chariot of Midnight?! What was that?
LUIS: Only in the 80's. I mean I wasn't born then but. I feel like it was a weird time.
STEPHANIE: Do you have a favorite song from Gen 1?


In the following section when singing is required, it does not require them to be good singers.
In fact I’m more interested in a version where one might be able to carry a tune and the other is totally tone deaf.


LUIS: I mean I think the OG theme song is so classic. (sings)
My Little Pony My Little Pony What will today's adventure be?
My Little Pony My Little Pony Will there be exciting sights to see?


LUIS, STEPHANIE: (sings)
Where will you wander? Hither and yonder Letting your heart be your guide!
My Little Pony My Little Pony I'll be there right by your side...
I'll be there right by your side!


STEPHANIE: So good. Do you have any favorite episodes from Gen 4?
LUIS: Definitely Season 4 Episode 12: Pinkie Pride.
STEPHANIE: OMG that's my favorite. Well obviously, cuz, Pinkie is my fav.
It just shows why Pinkie is the best pony of all time! Just for the sake of her friend, she gave up doing the party herself. It was a heart touching episode. I mean it's tied with the magical mystery cure episode. That one was am-a-zing.
I'm obsessed with the Cutie Mark song and Celestia's ballad.
But still yeah,  Cheese Sandwich + Pinky Pie 4 lyfe!
LUIS: I love how even when there's issues like Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie that they always work through them. It's always optimistic and about friendship.
STEPHANIE:  The songs in that episode are pretty good too. Like "The Goof Off" with Cheese Sandwich!
LUIS: Wanna sing it? Omg I've never sung it with a friend before! I freakin LOVE that song!!!!


They begin to sing "The Goof Off Song" from Pinkie Pride Episode 12 Season 4 of "My Little Pony" Friendship Is Magic.


STEPHANIE (sings) It's your birthday party, a very special day I've got a song,
it won't take long, I just wanted to say Happy, happy, happy, happy Happy, happy, happy, happy Happy, happy, happy, happy birthday to you...!


LUIS (sings) If you wanna be the life of the party
But you're feeling just a little uptight
Call the doctor, beg and plead "Doctor, tell me what I need" Try to put a little cheese in your knees!


STEPHANIE (sings) Bubbles and balloons, bubbles and balloons
What's a birthday party without bubbles and balloons?
Star-shaped or trapezoid, look what I can do
Only Pinkie Pie can make a bubble shaped like you!


LUIS (singing) Just let yourself go floppy, for now this is your chance
Pretend you have no bones and do the rubber chicken dance!


They dance around like idiots. Total noodle limbs. Like they're big happy children, which, inside they are.


Enter CHARLEY and DEREK as they are dancing.


DEREK: What are you guys singing?


LUIS: Oh, just a My Little Pony song.
DEREK: Nice! I'm Derek! But you can call me Captain Cyberfox.
CHARLEY: Tickles Meow.
LUIS: Bluenicorn Dancer.
STEPHANIE: I'm Pinkie Pie. But you can also just call me Stephanie. (beat) I'm curious to know more about Captain Cyberfox.
DEREK: Well--I've always been drawn to foxes cuz--yiff! I love to yiff! Yiff yiff yiff!


He nuzzles against some of them.


CHARLEY: Mow. Mow. Mow.
LUIS: Hugglezzzzz.
DEREK: But I also really loved Star Fox on N64 and like I just always thought he was so cool and like...I don't know I just, I always felt something different for him. He really um.
I don't know, he just was so...(trails off) Anyway. I decided to make my own spin-off character
largely inspired by him, Captain Cyberfox deep in the Spiral Galaxy M100 with Co-Pilot Captain Redfox, who's also his lover, along with Sgt. Whitefox, also his lover. But she's female.
And they're trying to make it to Planet FF-99 which is a planet where FireFoxes are
the predominant race and then, well, FF-99 has a whole mythology within itself,
but, yeah. That's basically it.
STEPHANIE: That sounds super cool.
DEREK: Thanks.
LUIS: Yeah, super super cool and awesome and crazy. Squeee! I love it.
STEPHANIE: What about you Meow Meow?
CHARLEY: So Meow Meow is a magic cat who escaped from a witch with two bodies named
MX Red Eye who bleeds everywhere and had one like, bursting red eye who hates cats
and abuses them but then Meow Meow was smarter than the other cats
and had this deformity where he had opposable thumbs.
So he broke into MX Red Eye's magic cabinet drank their super secret Growing Syrup
and like, grew to a human size. Then Meow Meow killed MX Red Eye basically, but it didn't work.
So half of MX Red Eye is still dead but the other half is still alive, so the alive part has to still drag on the other half--the dead half--and is determined to get revenge and
so Meow Meow has to go to this Wizard who lives deep underground and
get more Growing Syrup to make all cats human size and get revenge
on all the witches who hate cats.


A silence.


DEREK: Holy crapola.
STEPHANIE: That's really scary.
LUIS: But also super neat.
CHARLEY: I have some drawings up in my hotel room I could show you.
STEPHANIE: I'd love to see them. (beat) Hey, I got an idea. Do you guys want to go to the Play Center and be fully in character with each other?
LUIS: What's the Play Center?
STEPHANIE: Is this your first year?
LUIS: (sheepishly) Yeah...
STEPHANIE: Oh my gosh. It's the best. Here, I'm gonna pack up my table.
LUIS: Squeeeeee!


The table is striked.


Suddenly, almost seamlessly, we are in the Rec Room. The atmosphere is completely changed. It is wonderful.


"Perfect Day" by Hoku blasts.


Enter BOOMER THE DOG.


Two people play with big foam blocks that look like Dominos.
They are colorful. They gently go from that, to in character "rough housing",
aka just playing around in character in their costume.


Someone plays with a Fisher-Price Corn Popper.


Someone rides on a small bike.


Someone plays with a Fisher-Price The Farmer Says: Toys & Games
(it's one of those spinny wheels with farm animal noises.
Type it in on Google and you'll be like, "Got it").


Two people play with a blow up inflatable hammer and someone plays with a plastic sword.


It's totally innocent. It's just adults releasing their inner child.
The players are all immersed in their Fursonas.


This goes on for a few minutes. The music fades.
The main players slow down, considerably. BOOMER dances in slow motion.


CHARLEY: Hey! Do any of you guys drink?
STEPHANIE, LUIS: What?
CHARLEY: I said do any of you guys drink?
DEREK: I do! I do! I do!
LUIS: Sure I'll drink a little!
STEPHANIE: Me too, I guess!
CHARLEY: Cool! Meet me back at my room in like 15! I'm in 24B!
STEPHANIE: 24B?
CHARLEY: Yeah!


She begins to leave, and wave at them.


CHARLEY: 24B!
ALL: Ok!


Music blasts back up again. They continue playing until they fade out.

Comments

Popular Posts