Florida Woman Calls 911 After McDonalds Runs Out Of McNuggets (8.22.14)


#22: FLORIDA WOMAN CALLS 911 AFTER MCDONALDS RUNS OUT OF MCNUGGETS

(Lights up on L, a southern woman in a McDonald's in Ft. Pierce, Florida. Behind the register is A, an older woman)

A: Hello, welcome to McDonalds. How can I help you?
L: Yes, can I have a um…uh…
A: Here, look at the menu. Take your time.
L: Ok. Um. Can I have…

(On another side of the stage, enter L'S BOYFRIEND. He dials a number into a cell phone. Her phone rings)

L: Hold on a second. (she answers it) Hello? 
L'S BOYFRIEND: Hey baby. How you doin?
L: Aiight. 
L'S BOYFRIEND: Work ok?
L: Yeah.
L'S BOYFRIEND: U out now?
L: Yeah I'm at McDonalds now bae. 
L'S BOYFRIEND: When will you be back?
L: I don't know. I'm at the one on Deleware Street. So prolly like ten minutes so.
L'S BOYFRIEND: Watchu gettin?
L: I was just planning on gettin some McNuggets. Want anything? 
L'S BOYFRIEND: Ooooh. Get me…two Big Mac's and a large french fry. Damn I'm so hungry. There's no fucking food at this house.
L: Nah baby I don't got money for that. I don't get paid til Wednesday. I ain't spendin all that money. 
L'S BOYFRIEND: Shit man Im broke too.
L: I know.
L'S BOYFRIEND: How bout just fries? Can you do just fries?
L: Uh-uh. A small fry. You can have a small. fry. Ok? 
L'S BOYFRIEND: Ok.
L: Ok. Alright I love you bae.
L'S BOYFRIEND: I love you too, ok?
L: Ok. I'll be home soon. 
L'S BOYFRIEND: Bye bae.

(They hang up)

L: Sorry bout that. Uh. Can I get a. Ten piece chicken mcnuggets and uh…a small fry.
A: Ok. That'll be $5.75. Will that be cash or credit?
L: Cash.
A: Ok.

(L pays her exact change. A goes into the back of the restaurant where the deep frier is. This might be off-stage. She comes back with a McDonalds bag and hands it to her)

A: I'm really sorry, m'am. My mistake. We don't uh. We're out of. Chicken Mcnuggets but I was able to get the small fry.
L: (dumbfounded) Are you serious?
A: Yeah I'm really. Really sorry.
L: Damn man I've been waitin all god damn day--
A: Well we can do is--
L: Workin' long ass hours only to not get--
A: I understand you're upset--
L: This was the only fuckin' thing that got me through today.
A: Well if you order something that's--
L: How bout a McDouble? Can we do a McDouble on the dollar menu? And you just give me the difference?
A: I can't do that.
L: What? Why not?
A: It's corporate policy.
L: Fuck corporate policy! I need to speak to a manager.
A: I am the manager.
L: Seriously?
A: Yes. Seriously. I am serious. Ly. The manager.
L: This is terrible service man.
A: I really apologize m'am, but if you just order something that's the same price--a small cheeseburger, or even filet-o-fish--
L: I don't want that shit. Just. Just. Just. give me money back.
A: I…I can't do that. We have a no refunds policy.
L: Oh hell no! This is bullshit! This is fucking BULL. SHIT.
A: We might be able to get you a gift card?
L: I don't want a fucking gift card I want McNuggets!
A: Ok if you're going to--
L: I see what this is. This is fucking. I know what this is.
A: I'm going to have to ask you to leave. 
L: What am I gonna do? Disturb all the customers? Oh right there are none because it's 11:00 at night!
A: If you don't leave within the next five minutes I'm going to call the police. I don't have time for this. Just take your fries and go.
L: Oh what?!--
A: Just take your fries and go or I'm going to call the police.
L: Not if I call them first.
A: What?
L: Watch me!

(L dials 911 on her cell phone. Enter a 911 OPERATOR, on another side of the stage)

OPERATOR: 911 Do you need police fire or ambulance?
L: Police.
OPERATOR: Where?
L: I'm at the McDonalds on umm…Delaware.
OPERATOR: What's going on there?
L: I ordered huh umm the chicken nuggets with a small fries. And she's say that they don't have any chicken nuggets. So I told her I want a huh McDouble. And she told me I have to pick something else off the menu because she can't refund me huh the difference out of the meal. And I told he rust give me all my money back. She's telling me she can't give me my money back either. She will have to. I have to pick something.
OPERATOR: There's no manager there?
L: Nah?
OPERATOR: You already spoke with the manager?
L: She says she are the manager. She's saying something about she just can't refund me my money or something. But she don't have on the menu what I want. I wanted Chicken nuggets. And she didn't have that. So I told her to make it a McDouble and refund me the difference. She says she can't do that. So I told her, give me all of my money back. And I don't want anything. And she's telling me she can't refund my money on the house. She don't have what I want. And she can't force me to eat something I don't want it.
OPERATOR: Ok. We'll…send an officer right over to talk to you.

(Operator exits)

L: You heard that? You heart that? Johnny 5-0 gonna come on your ass.
A: Please leave. Just please, please go.
L: What are you gonna do? Get up and force me? Cuz I can charge you with assault too. Ok? I can charge you for assault. 
A: I--
L: This ain't right. This ain't right.

(Enter another customer, B)

A: Welcome to McDonald's. How can I help you?
B: Yes. Can I have--
L: They don't got any chicken mcnuggets.
B: (glaring at her) That's ok? I don't want any.
L: Alright. Just saying'.
B: Anyway, can I have two McFlurries?
A: You sure can. What kind? M&M? Or Oreo?
B: Would it be possible to put both in?
A: Sure can.
L: Can mix two Mcflurries together but can't get Chicken McNuggets.
B: What?
A: Uh--your total will be $4.05. Cash or credit?
B: Credit.

(They hand A their card and A swipes it. A gives B their receipt. A goes to the back to get the McFlurries)

L: This woman's a fuckin bitch. You know that?
B: What?
L: She's a fuckin trick. When the police come she's gonna get it?
B: The police?
L: Fuckin uppity cunt.
B: Who? Me or her?
L: You ask too many questions. Damn, man.

(A re-enters with a McDonalds bag)

A: Ok. Here you are.

(We hear sirens)

A: Oh god.
B: Why are the police here? Is something wrong?
A: She didn't get her McNuggets.
B: What?
A: That's right.
B: (confused) You called the police…for McNuggets…?
L: Damn straight.

(Enter a POLICEWOMAN)

POLICEMAN: Alright, whoever called 911 is under arrest for misuse of 911.

(Both A and B point to L)

POLICEWOMAN: Alright. Come with me. You have the right to remain silent.

(Policewoman arrests L)

L: This is bullshit! This is bullshit! I want my Mcnuggets!


(Blackout)

Comments

Popular Posts